Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl
This zingy, light-but-filling recipe is perfect as a sublime supper or as an all-in-one
lunchtime saviour. Customise it with your favourite toppings.
When using raw salmon, make sure to get it from the fishmongers rather than buying it pre-packed. Tell the fishmonger what you’re
making so they can select the best piece for you to add to your poke bowl.
For the salmon:• 300g fresh salmon
• 3 spring onions
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 2 tbsps tamari or soy sauce
• 1-2 tsps crispy chilli oil
• 2 tbps sesame seeds
• 1 avocado
For the slaw:
• 1 Chinese cabbage
• 2 spring onions
• 2 tsps harissa or Thai chilli paste
• 3 tbsps sesame oil
• 3 tbsps apple cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp tamari
• Optional extras: quinoa, pickled ginger or sprouts
1. Cut the salmon into small, one and a half inch cubes.
2. Thinly slice the spring onions and add them to a medium sized bowl with the salmon.
3. Whisk together the tamari, sesame oil and chilli oil (I use two teaspoons but try one first) and drizzle it over the salmon. Toss well, cover and refrigerate while you make the slaw. 4. For the slaw, chop the cabbage into thin shreds.
5. Whisk together the other ingredients and then pour over the cabbage and toss.
6. Toast the sesame seeds in a pan on medium heat until lightly golden. When they’ve cooled, add them to the bowl with the salmon and toss
7. Slice the avocado and divide it between the bowls, along with the salmon and slaw. Add any extras and tuck in!
For this recipe and more read The Little Green Spoon by Indy Power or visit her website here