You say 'tomato'; we say, 'another Bloody Mary', stat!
If you ask us, no weekend is truly complete unless it involves brunch. But over the past four months, people across the country are having to press pause on their usual weekend routines, and staying home under social distancing measures - and sadly, that included popping out for brunch.
However, what it did introduce was brunch at home. Whether it was a brunch box from our go-to place or making one of these delicious recipes with friends over zoom – at home brunch is a gamechanger. See, in many ways, at home brunch trumps going out for brunch: no waiting in line, as many mimosas as your heart desires, and best of all, eating in your pyjamas. The only thing missing? A delicious, hangover-curing, bloody mary.
TRENDING TODAY: How To Finally Get Yourself To Drink More Water
That's why we hit up the experts over at The Ice House in Ballina, Co Mayo for all there is to know about making the ultimate Bloody Mary at home.
- 50ml Straw Boys vodka
- 200ml tomato juice
- 5ml lemon juice
- 3 shake of Worcestershire Sauce
- Achill Island Smoked Sea Salt
- 3 shakes Tabasco sauce
- Red peppercorn pepper
- Celery to garnish
- Place the ice in a cocktail shaker. Measure the vodka, tomato juice and lemon juice and pour it straight onto the ice.
- Add 3 shakes of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco and a pinch of celery salt and pepper. Shake well, and then strain the cocktail into a tall glass over ice cubes.
- Top up with fresh ice, add a celery thin slices and garnish glass rim with mixed peppercorns
Main image by Getty Images