We all find ourselves wondering what our beauty heroes slap on their faces every morning and night.
So, for any skincare enthusiasts out there, this might be a dream come true.
Especially considering that while shoppers spend on average, 45-90 minutes choosing a product, 55% of them still say they're dissatisfied with the end result – why not take a look at what works for those in the know?
This is why we asked Dublin-based skincare specialist Ciara Darcy to divulge in what cuts the mustard when it comes to her skincare routine.
Pencils at the ready...
"I used to have a cabinet full (it's only a shelf now) of different brands of skincare products, loyalty to none and no major results with any because I wasn't consistent," Ciara reveals.
"Half-used bottles and the fear of overspending in Boots. Over the last two years, I've invested and paired it back. I got into a quick, easy daily routine. It took a couple of months to see a change in my skin, but it's been so worth the commitment. Not having to look at half-used products lying around is a joy!
View this post on Instagram
Bye bye breakouts Bye bye scarring First pic: Robyn had a course of chemical peels & used @alumiermduk homecare products Our goal: Clear blocked pores, minimise scarring & get healthy glowing skin ✔ Second pic: Sasha had a course of Rejuvapen microneedling @tekno_aesthetics Our goal: Get rid of scarring ✔ Both girls paid for their treatments. Thanks for letting me share ❤ @robyn_browning_brows @sashamerriganxo
"My morning routine – which I pay for in full – consists of:
- Alumier Acne Clarifying Face Wash – This is needed to keep my pores clear. My skin gets spotty when I don't use it, especially around my chin and my forehead.
- Alumier Everactive C&E Serum 15% L-Ascorbic Acid – This strengthens, brightens and reduces inflammation. Pricey at €189, but that's for a three month supply.
- Alumier Clear Shield SPF – This doubles up as your moisturiser too. It has microencapsulated hyaluronic acid, meaning it's drip-fed into your skin over eight hours.
- HEV protection – This is a must unless you never use a phone, laptop or watch TV. HEV exposure can lead to damaged skin cells creating inflammation and impaired healing. When I apply it, it disappears instantly works really well under my makeup.
"And my evening routine is as follows:
- Garnier Express 2in1 Eye Makeup Remover – For the fastest removal of mascara and the least panda like eyes.
- Alumier HydraBoost Cleanser – This feels amazing, whips off my makeup, smells divine.
- Alumier 0.5% Retinol – I use this every second night to boost collagen production and aid exfoliation. I started with 0.25% and used that for a year, your skin needs to adjust to retinol depending on the brand and concentration.
- Alumier Alumineye Cream
- Three times a week I use Alumier Bright and Clear Liquid Exfoliator
- Once a week Seoulista Super Hydration Sheet Mask
- Jade Roller after a night out!
- Every four-six weeks I usually do a micro-needling session or a peel on myself, too."