Exactly how to use the innovative tool to create hair that’ll instantly get you into the festive spirit.
There's something about the end-of-year festivities that really calls for a little extra effort; countless nights out give us the opportunity to push beyond our own beauty boundaries and apply the saying 'Go Big Or Go Home' to just about everything.
For the other 11 months of the year, while we'd typically tip towards the 'minimum effort' end of the glam scale, for December, we are really leaning into all things that scream P-A-R-T-Y and allowing our hair to be the life of said party.
From office parties to Christmas drinks, nothing finishes off a head-turning outfit like great hair, so armed with just your Dyson Airwrap™ and a few accessories and styling products, go all-out and give one of the holiday hair looks below a try!
Or seize the magic of the season and absolutely nail the art of gifting, by giving a special person in your life a completely new way to style their hair. We promise, unwrapping a Dyson Airwrap™ on Christmas morning brings a joy all of its own magnitude.
May your pony be merry and bright
We're obsessed with this textured ponytail – created by hairstylist to the stars, Justine Marjan – with lightly scattered embellishments! Glamourous, but oh-so-cool...
Get the look:
- Wash and towel-dry hair, and then apply a weightless styling mouse, starting 2cm from the roots and working downwards into the ends. Dry hair until 80 per cent dry using the Dyson Airwrap™ with the Pre-Styling Dryer attachment.
- Separate hair into small sections and then, using the Dyson Airwrap™ 40mm Barrel attachment, take one section at a time (hold hair about 10cm from the ends) and introduce the hair to the arrows on the barrel. As the hair begins to wrap, move the styler towards your head on a slight tilt. Finish the style with the cool shot. Once hair is dry, switch off and pull styler downward.
- Then back-brush the top of the hair for added height and gather the lengths of the hair at the back of the head - leaving two pieces out around the face, to soften the look. Secure with a hair tie and wrap with hair to conceal. Back-brush the ponytail for added lift and bend the loose pieces at the front, using the Dyson Airwrap™ 40mm Barrel attachment.
- To finish, use tweezers to pick up flat-backed rhinestones, then dip in eyelash glue and attach to hair.
All Wrapped Up In A Bow
Sleek, high-shine hair will lend a polished finish to your party look. Plus, the leather bow adds some extra interest.
Get the look:
- Wash hair with a smoothing shampoo and, after conditioning, apply a pre-blow-dry balm to wet hair and part into small sections.
- Take the Dyson Airwrap™ styler and, using its Pre-Styling Dryer attachment, begin to move over hair in a downward direction. When hair is damp and no longer soaking, it is ready to be styled.
- Prepare the Dyson Airwrap™ with the Firm Smoothing Brush attachment. Taking one section at a time, slide the brush through the hair hold hair in a downward motion until silky smooth.
- Part hair through the centre and using a bristle brush, gather hair at the nape of the neck, securing with a clear hair tie. Add the bow of your choice and you're all set!
Turn Up the Volume
Disco done right! Pair with a high-octane sequin dress and some platform shoes for a timeless style to ring in the New Year in.
Get the look:
- Wash and then dry hair until 80 per cent dry using the Dyson Airwrap™ with the Pre-Styling Dryer attachment. Liberally apply a volumising spray to the roots and lengths.
- Separate hair into small sections and then, using the Dyson Airwrap™ 30mm barrel and following the arrows on the barrel, allowing the science of hair and air to work its magic.
- Hold in place for a few seconds until the hair section feels dry and follow with a cold shot to set the curl in place. Gently pull downwards to release the perfect, bouncy curl. Repeat until entire head is done.
- If you happen to have bangs, switch in the Round Volumising Brush attachment at the end, encourage the hair off your cheekbones and frame the face.
- Turn head upside down, brush out the curls with a wide-tooth comb and add hairspray for added hold.
Shop the Dyson Airwrap in-store at Arnotts and online here .