Ever been curious about those impressively photogenic gold foil masks you've seen on Instagram?
The woman behind these masks is none other than celebrity facialist Mimi Luzon.
As dermatologists close their doors and everyone remains at home for the foreseeable, Irish Tatler got in touch with Luzon to get the lowdown on how she gives her skin some extra TLC while she sits on the couch.
Best of all, these DIY skincare treats are made with ingredients you'll likely already have in your kitchen.
"When you have some extra time, invest in masks and use them as much as possible," Mimi says.
"I currently do a different one every day. Following Eastern skincare practices, it’s extremely beneficial for our skin to use a facemask with a different function every day – it could be firming, luminising, moisturising or detoxifying.
"Of course, you can use any mask you have in the house every other day, or you can make your own treatments at home."
GREEN TEA MASK
Mimi likes this one because it's "an excellent toxin cleanser. It enhances skin tone and gives skin an instant glow."
- 1 cup of green tea
- 2 cups of rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Combine ingredients to make an ointment
- Apply to the skin
- Leave on for 20 minutes
- When it's time to remove, massage the mask into the skin and rinse with water
"This works as an amazing exfoliating mask. This mask reduces inflammation and works as an enzyme exfoliator. If you have sensitive skin, you can omit the lemon," explains Mimi.
- 1 x fresh lemon
- Prepare your oatmeal in a saucepan over the stove according to the package
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the prepared oatmeal (you can eat the rest or save for another masking session!) with a squeeze of lemon
- Allow to cool
- Apply to skin and wait 15 minutes
- Rinse off with water
Mimi says a turmeric preparation is an "excellent mask for glowing and softening of the skin."
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Mix all ingredients together to create an ointment
- Apply to the skin for 20 minutes
- Rinse with water
There you have it. Beautiful skin, without leaving the kitchen.
Main image by @bellahadid