The fourth annual Irish Wedding Awards have revealed which venue really is the cream of the crop.
The awards recognised everyone that works hard towards creating memorable and unique weddings; from wedding planners, coordinators, specialists and caterers to photographers, videographers, florists and stationery suppliers.
The event was the organisation's biggest yet, with a host of new names beating off stiff competition for the first time ever.
The big award of the night – the Best Wedding Venue Award – was claimed by Wright’s Anglers Rest in Strawberry Beds, who rose to the top in a category which included more established venues such as The Shelbourne Hotel and The Westin.
Other finalists included:
- Talbot Hotel Stillorgan (Dublin)
- The Shelbourne Hotel (Dublin)
- The Westin Dublin (Dublin)
- Thomas Prior Hall (Dublin)
- No 25 Fitzwilliam Place (Dublin)
- Number Six Kildare Street (Dublin)
- Smock Alley Theatre 1662 (Dublin)
- Rosedale House (Dublin)
- Royal Marine Hotel (Dublin)
Other winners on the night were as follows:
- Wedding Planner of the Year: Planned by Tara – Destination Weddings (Carlow)
- Freelance Wedding Hair Specialist of the Year: Laura Lou Hair Stylist (Killarney)
- Honeymoon Planner of the Year: Susan Ryan at Travel Counsellor (Nenagh)
- Transport Provider of the Year: U2R1 Wedding Cars (Claremorris)
- Event Decorator of the Year: Blissful Wedding Decor (Narraghmore)
- Wedding Specialist Supplier of the Year: All in One Event Hire (Wexford)
- Romantic Wedding Venue of the Year: Finnstown Castle Hotel (Lucan)
- Wedding Videographer of the Year: Brady Wedding Films (Dublin)
- Groomswear Supplier of the Year: Ab Formal Wear (Swords)
- Freelance Wedding Makeup Specialist of the Year: Sophie Wong MUA (Gorey)
- Creative Photographer of the Year: Tara Donoghue Photography (Killarney)
Find the full list of winners here.
For more information on the Angler's Rest, check their website here.