The fourth annual Irish Wedding Awards were held last night in the Crowne Plaza at Dublin Airport on Sunday night.
The awards recognised everyone that works hard towards creating memorable and unique weddings; from wedding planners, coordinators, specialists and caterers to photographers, videographers, florists and stationery suppliers.
The event was the organisation's biggest yet, with a host of new names beating off stiff competition for the first time ever.
The big award of the night – the Best Wedding Venue Award – was claimed by Wright’s Anglers Rest in Strawberry Beds, who rose to the top in a category which included more established venues such as The Shelbourne Hotel and The Westin.
Other finalists included:
- Talbot Hotel Stillorgan (Dublin)
- The Shelbourne Hotel (Dublin)
- The Westin Dublin (Dublin)
- Thomas Prior Hall (Dublin)
- No 25 Fitzwilliam Place (Dublin)
- Number Six Kildare Street (Dublin)
- Smock Alley Theatre 1662 (Dublin)
- Rosedale House (Dublin)
- Royal Marine Hotel (Dublin)
Other winners on the night were as follows:
- Wedding Planner of the Year: Planned by Tara – Destination Weddings (Carlow)
- Freelance Wedding Hair Specialist of the Year: Laura Lou Hair Stylist (Killarney)
- Honeymoon Planner of the Year: Susan Ryan at Travel Counsellor (Nenagh)
- Transport Provider of the Year: U2R1 Wedding Cars (Claremorris)
- Event Decorator of the Year: Blissful Wedding Decor (Narraghmore)
- Wedding Specialist Supplier of the Year: All in One Event Hire (Wexford)
- Romantic Wedding Venue of the Year: Finnstown Castle Hotel (Lucan)
- Wedding Videographer of the Year: Brady Wedding Films (Dublin)
- Groomswear Supplier of the Year: Ab Formal Wear (Swords)
- Freelance Wedding Makeup Specialist of the Year: Sophie Wong MUA (Gorey)
- Creative Photographer of the Year: Tara Donoghue Photography (Killarney)
Find the full list of winners here.
For those interested in checking out the newly crowned Best Wedding Venue in Ireland, The Anglers Rest is hosting a Wedding Fair on 18 February for those interested in booking a wedding.
For more information check their website.