During quarantine, you need three things in your arsenal: caffeine, alcohol and easy-to-follow recipes on how to make the most out of both.
We reached out to Mary Donnelly, Bar Manager at The Hardiman Galway and asked her to let us in on their espresso martini recipe.
And oh, did she deliver.
ESPRESSO MARTINI RECIPE
50ml Fonte Espresso Coffee
50ml Jameson Irish Whiskey
100g golden caster sugar
50ml cold water
100g white sugar
100g crushed chocolate chips
- 1 wedge of lemon
1. Start by making the sugar syrup. Put the caster sugar in a small pan over medium heat and pour in 50ml water. Stir, and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
2. Wipe the rim of a chilled, oversized martini glass with a lemon wedge. Pour white sugar and crushed chocolate chips into a saucer and mix well. Dip glass rim in mixture and roll to thoroughly coat rim.
3. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
4. Once the sugar syrup is cold, pour 1 tbsp into the cocktail shaker and add the Kahlua, Jameson Irish Whiskey and Fonte espresso coffee.
5. Shake the ingredients hard for at least 10 seconds to create a nice foam.
6. Strain into a martini cocktail glass to get rid of all the small ice chips. Sit back and enjoy!
Main image by @theoldhallnorfolk
READ MORE: A Lesson In The Art Of Poached Eggs