Kerrygold Unsalted Irish Butter is here to help make your recipes even better.
Is there anything tastier than Irish butter? We don't think so. Think freshly steamed new potatoes or a slice of toast smothered in your favourite butter - there really isn't anything better.
While the classic Kerrygold is a complete winner, sometimes you might need a version with less salt: enter Kerrygold Unsalted. Made with the exact same care as the Kerrygold you know and love, Kerrygold Unsalted Butter has a rich, creamy texture with a distinctly delicate flavour. Perfect for baking, this butter is made with milk from Irish grass-fed cows and churned to perfection.
Unsalted butter is commonly called for in baking recipes as it allows bakers to add as much or as little salt to a recipe as they like, resulting in perfectly precise dishes usually only created by professionals.
Want to try out perfect Kerrygold Unsalted recipes? Read on for two of our favourites.
Raspberry crumb squares
Makes 12-16 squares
These make a great snack to have with a cup of tea and are very quick to make.
- 200g plain flour
- 100g light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 150g porridge oats
- 200g Kerrygold Unsalted Irish Butter, chilled
- 200g raspberry jam
- 200g fresh raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 3. Line a 23cm x 23cm x 5cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Rub in the butter using your hands to form a crumbly mixture, then press two-thirds of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, pressing down firmly. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Spread the jam to within half a centimetre of the edge and scatter over the fresh raspberries. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top and bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
TIP: These are also an ideal treat for children’s lunchboxes too.
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100g Kerrygold Unsalted Irish Butter, melted
- 1 tin/397g prepared caramel
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 300ml cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Blitz the digestives in a blender or put them in a zip-lock plastic bag and break them up with a rolling pin until they are reduced to fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter and add to the crushed biscuits. Once they are mixed well, spoon the mixture into a 20cm x 3cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Firmly press the crumb into the base and about 2cm up the sides of the tin. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours ahead.
- Once the biscuit base has set, spoon the caramel onto the biscuit base and cover with a layer of sliced banana. Top with the whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder, then serve.
Kerrygold Unsalted Irish Butter is made from the milk of Irish grass-fed cows and expertly churned to offer a premium option for bakers, while also catering for consumers who want to lower their salt intake but do not want to compromise on quality or taste. Its distinctly delicate flavour makes Kerrygold Unsalted Irish Butter the ideal ingredient for all your favourite baked treats.
Brought to you in association with Kerrygold.