Condensed milk is the base for these ice pops and makes for a cheat’s ice-cream.
This can be a grown-up treat by adding the tequila. However, don’t overdo it, or they won’t freeze.
We used plastic drinking cups for this recipe, so you don’t need special moulds. It is really easy to pop them out of the mould, just push up from the bottom or use scissors.
Spoons can be used instead of lollipop sticks.
Serves 6 – 8
- 10 limes, juice only, zest from 2
- 1 x 397g can condensed milk
- 200ml water
- 1 orange, juice only
- 100ml tequila, optional
- 2 limes, sliced into rounds
- Blend all the ingredients, except the rounds of lime, in a blender or food processor.
- Fill the cups halfway with the margarita mix, or where the rounds of lime will fit. Push the spoon or lollipop stick through the centre of each round of lime and place on top.
- Freeze overnight.
Tip: Sprinkle with some sea salt for an authentic margarita flavour,
Recipe by Ruth Wassel.
This article was originally published on our sister site, FOOD AND WINE.
Main image by @aboutdrinksandbars