Here, we borrow a foolproof recipe from AVOCA – to be mopped up with doorstopper sized pieces of bread. This serves four to six people.
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- 1 medium-size celeriac, peeled and cut into large dice
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cut into large dice
- 1-litre of fresh vegetable stock
- 500ml cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Good quality white truffle oil to garnish
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter, add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the celeriac, potatoes, vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the celeriac and potatoes are tender.
- Add the cream, and with a hand blender, puree until the soup is velvety smooth.
- Check the seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- With a hand blender, purée until the soup is velvety smooth. Check the seasoning of the soup and adjust to your taste. This soup is a beautiful creamy white colour.
- When ready to serve, ladle into your favourite soup bowl and drizzle with a good quality white truffle oil. Perfect served with AVOCA’s freshly baked brown bread!
This article was originally published on our sister site, FOOD AND WINE.