From today, Harry and Meghan will no longer be working members of the British monarchy.
Ever since their bombshell announcement in January, the couple has moved quickly to separate themselves from the royal family, the effects of which will be rolling out today, March 31.
That future includes no longer using the name "Sussex Royal" for their nonprofit organization, website or Instagram account, as today marks the end of their time as senior royals and the start of their new life.
The couple signed off from their life officially supporting the Queen with one final post, which will now remain inactive along with their website.
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex would prefer that in the immediate weeks and months, the focus remains on the global response to COVID-19," a Sussex spokesperson said.
"However, we recognize there are outstanding questions relating to their future beyond their Household transition deadline. As we can all feel, the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile.
View this post on Instagram
As we can all feel, the world at this moment seems extraordinarily fragile. Yet we are confident that every human being has the potential and opportunity to make a difference—as seen now across the globe, in our families, our communities and those on the front line—together we can lift each other up to realise the fullness of that promise. What’s most important right now is the health and wellbeing of everyone across the globe and finding solutions for the many issues that have presented themselves as a result of this pandemic. As we all find the part we are to play in this global shift and changing of habits, we are focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute. While you may not see us here, the work continues. Thank you to this community - for the support, the inspiration and the shared commitment to the good in the world. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You’ve been great! Until then, please take good care of yourselves, and of one another. Harry and Meghan
"Yet we are confident that every human being has the potential and opportunity to make a difference - as seen now across the globe, in our families, our communities and those on the front line - together we can lift each other up to realise the fullness of that promise.
"What's most important right now is the health and wellbeing of everyone across the globe and finding solutions for the many issues that have presented themselves as a result of this pandemic.
"As we all find the part we are to play in this global shift and changing of habits, we are focusing this new chapter to understand how we can best contribute."
As the couple officially relinquishes their royal duties, here's what we can expect to see from their transition:
Queen Elizabeth drew the line on Harry retaining any royal appointments, most notably his cherished military titles. As a result, Harry and Meghan will no longer use the titles His and Her Royal Highness, and will no longer represent the Queen.
However, this doesn't change Harry's place in the line of succession, and it doesn't mean the couple will no longer move in royal circles.
Prince Charles agreed to continue to support them financially through his private estate, the Duchy of Cornwall. However, their office in Buckingham Palace won't be kept.
They were also allowed to keep their home on the Windsor estate in England – if they repaid the £2.4 million (about €2.7 million) of public funds used to renovate – but the couple had made clear they intended to spend more time in North America anyway.
Initially, that meant Vancouver Island, Canada. But, it was made clear last week that the couple and Archie were to move to Los Angeles. Markle grew up in LA and it's where her mother, Doria Ragland, resides.
"It would allow Meghan to be close to her mother and the majority of her friends," royal commentator Kristen Meinzer told Insider of the rumoured LA move in October last year.
"It would give Archie a grounding in one half of his culture. And it would better connect Harry to his wife's history, and his own — let's not forget that Princess Diana's great-grandmother, Frances Ellen Work, was an American," she added.
As news broke of their new residence, President Donald Trump tweeted that "the US will not pay for their security protection."
A spokesperson for the Sussexes responded immediately with a statement saying they had no plans to ask the US government for security resources and that privately funded security arrangements have been made.
More recently still, we have caught a glimpse of the type of work in which the couple will be undertaking.
Disney announced last week that Meghan is narrating one of its newest nature documentaries, Elephant, which will be available to stream on Disney+ starting April 3.
The project—which will benefit the organization Elephants Without Borders—was rumoured to be in the works since before Meghan and Prince Harry announced their decision to step down from the monarchy.